UK rider Mark Lewis recently set off on a South African motorcycle adventure. He used the ADV Spec Mongolia Trail Jacket and Atacama Pants. Watch his review of the gear and his excellent video diary of the trip.
Atacama Race Pants
Dakar born and bred. Designed to be the most comfortable and hardwearing race pant in the world.
The ADV Spec Atacama Race Pants. Lighweight in-boot riding/race pant designed for professional rally or extreme ADV riding. Designed to work with knee braces or bulky knee armour. Zipped vents aid cooling while non-leather knee panels allow for regular washing.
What do you need to know about this product?
- These pants were designed for Lyndon Poskitt to race the 2016 and 2018 Malle Moto Class of the Dakar rally
- Atacama Pants are not waterproof, but they do have have wind and water resistant panels in them and dry very quickly
- Large zipped thigh vents allow maximum airflow over your thigh muscles when you are working hard
- They work well with knee armour and Core Shorts in temperatures from 15C (60F) to 35C+ (100F), for colder weather add a set of Core Long Leg Baselayers
- They were designed specifically for use with seperate bulky knee armour (i.e. Knee Braces). They do not have armour pockets in the knee box, but they do have pockets in the hip area designed to take class leading ForceField Isolator Hip Armour
- The internal knee panels are made from Kevlar cored Hyperlon making them supple, heat resistant and endlessly washable
- The waist has a built in fully adjustable belt AND internal loops for suspenders/braces
*Special offer - 10% off all ADV Spec Core Base Layers when you buy these ADV Spec Pants. Discount applied at checkout.
$9.99 flat rate delivery to anywhere in the Lower 48!
We operate a no hassle returns policy. If your product arrives and you are not happy with it for any reason just let us know and we’ll do whatever we need to do to make it right.
You can return any new and unused item directly to us at the address below within 30 days of delivery and we will issue a full refund of your purchase price to your original payment method.
If you have the wrong sized product and need to return it to us for an exchange we’ll even post your swapped out item for free!
Want to know more about how this works? Check out HERE
‘Adventure Spec LLC have partnered with PayPal to offer you a line of 0% APR credit for up to 6 months in order to spread your purchase price of over $99.
If you would like to pay in this way simply choose PayPal Credit as you Checkout and follow the instructions.
For more information about this follow the link below:
ADV SPEC ATACAMA RACE PANTS
Dakar born and bred. A super tough and comfortable race pant designed specifically for use with knee braces.
These pants are all about repeatable all-day-long comfort and longevity. As tough as we could make them, they are a blend of quick drying 1000D Ballistic abrasion resistant fabric mixed with a specially designed super strong stretch rib and 500D articulated knee fabric to allow you all the movement you need when riding, pushing, pulling and crashing…
We coupled this with a soft, abrasion and heat resistant non-organic fabric to the inner knee area (to allow regular washing), large thigh vent zips and a wide range of options to keep them in place (double waist popper, built in adjustable belt AND loops for braces) they are designed to be the most comfortable and long lasting pant you have ever ridden in.
These trousers are the perfect choice for multi-day races/expeditions where comfort, longevity and protection are all key considerations.
Additional features include:
- Two zipped thigh pockets
- Hip pockets to fit Forcefield Isolator Hip Armour
- Lower leg military grade mesh for easy over boot fitment
1000D ballistic Nylon fabric in key abrasion zones
Large thigh pockets
Long thigh vents for variable cooling
Mesh & rib lower leg for in the boot comfort
Stretch Rib for flexibility & comfort
Washable & heat resistant knee fabric
Perfect for multi-day race / rallies where weight and temperature control, protection and visibility are all key considerations.
Watch it in action...