In the UK the Trans Euro Trail covers over 2000 miles from Newcastle in the north east to Dover down on the south coast. As the snow melted early in 2019, Steve Stout and John Paul Dixon jumped on their lightweight adv bikes and headed off on a two week adventure. It was a great way to put the new ADV Spec clothing through its paces. Here’s how they got on…
Reinventing the trail riding jacket, via the tracks of the Trans Euro Trail®.
The ADV Spec Linesman Jacket, a windproof & breathable trail riding/rally jacket reinforced with Du Pont™ Kevlar® fabric in key abrasion zones. The vents, armour pockets, removable sleeves and rear cargo storage make this a unique, light & super comfortable jacket for dual sport riders and racers.
What do you NEED to know about this jacket?
- This is a splashproof outer jacket, it should be used with a fully waterproof shell in continuously wet conditions
- Fitted with armour and worn with an AdvSpec Core base layer this jacket will feel comfortable in relatively dry temperatures between 15C (60F) and 30C (90F)because you will need to keep the arms on the jacket to provide impact and abrasion resistance whilst riding
- Over an armoured base layer this jacket will feel comfortable in relatively dry temperatures between 15C (60F) and 35C (100F) because you can choose to remove the arms to improve ventilation and still maintain good levels of elbow protection
- The rear pocket is large enough to fit an AS waterproof shell, a buff and a lightweight spare pair of gloves.
- A short 2l water bladder like the Kriega Hydro 3 will fit between the two rear vents and over the rear cargo pocket.
$9.99 flat rate delivery to anywhere in the Lower 48!
We operate a no hassle returns policy. If your product arrives and you are not happy with it for any reason just let us know and we’ll do whatever we need to do to make it right.
You can return any new and unused item directly to us at the address below within 30 days of delivery and we will issue a full refund of your purchase price to your original payment method.
If you have the wrong sized product and need to return it to us for an exchange we’ll even post your swapped out item for free!
Want to know more about how this works? Check out HERE
‘Adventure Spec LLC have partnered with PayPal to offer you a line of 0% APR credit for up to 6 months in order to spread your purchase price of over $99.
If you would like to pay in this way simply choose PayPal Credit as you Checkout and follow the instructions.
For more information about this follow the link below:
ADV SPEC LINESMAN JACKET
Probably the lightest most innovative jacket to be presented to the Adventure Rider in the last decade.
The wind resistant and water shedding softshell body fabric of this garment is most at home in dry environments (warm or cold), although it’s quite happy brushing off the odd light shower.
For protection the jacket is designed to work perfectly over an armoured base layer OR you can use the integral mesh pockets with the class leading level 2 Forcefield Isolator armour. To help abrasion resistance in high impact areas we created our own AS Softshell fabric by blending a traditional body fabric with Kevlar threads to create a fabric that is surprisingly robust in the event of an unexpected drop or slide.
We made sure overheating wasn’t an issue by adding front chest pockets/vents, rear bladder compatible vertical vents and removable arms. We also added our trademark rear cargo pocket for your spare gloves/buff or the sleeves off your jacket.
Super comfortable on or off the bike this is one jacket you will find yourself wearing day after day after day.
HINT : A great way to get your Linesman Jacket to perform even better in extreme heat is to slightly open the arm retaining zips. The cooling airflow over your armpit area feels AMAZING!
Super light and comfortable wind and water resistant body fabric
Du Pont™ Kevlar® enhanced fabric on key abrasion zones
Large internal front mesh ‘bag’ pockets
Double entry rear zipped pocket
Lower front hand warming pockets
Removable sleeves for additional cooling
Huge rear vertical ‘water bladder friendly’ vents
Comes with the unique AS ‘AirBlast’ zip pull technology
One handed waist drawcord
Watch it in action...